Choose your perfect toilet seat replacement
Finding a suitable toilet seat replacement could be challenging if you are not sure what to look at.
MUZT is partnering with the largest plastic toilet seat manufacturer in the world. According to our toilet seat expert, there are 3 main things to look at for choosing your perfect toilet seat replacement:
1. Shape – it is important that the shape of the replacement seat is similar to the shape of your toilet bowl.
The most common toilet bowl shapes in Australia are:
- Oval/elongated Shape
- D Shape
2. Measurements - your toilet pan needs to be within 3 points of measurements of the replacement seat as the sample chart below:
- MUZT Toilet seat comes with adjustable hinges – they can be adjusted from left to right, back and forth to fit different pan sizes.
- Ideally the toilet seat is slightly over the edges of your toilet pan to be more hygienic.
3. Fixing type – there are two common types of fixings depending on the type of your toilet, please ensure you choose the right fixing.
- Top/Blind fixing - screwing from the top. If your hands cannot reach the toilet hole/bolt from underneath then your toilet is a top/blind fixing type.
- Bottom fixing – hand screwing from underneath the toilet hole. this is a traditional style of fixing. If your hands can reach your toilet hole/bolt from underneath then your toilet is a bottom fixing type.
- Top/Blind fixing toilet seat is suitable for both top/blind fixing and bottom fixing toilet seat. Such as MUZT Deluxe Quick Release Soft Close Toilet Seat.
- Bottom fixing toilet seat is only suitable for bottom fixing toilet. Such as MUZT Multifunction 2 in 1 Family Toilet Seat.
Once you get these 3 things right, you can confidently choose the right replacement seat for your toilet. Either be buying it online or at a store.